• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Pygmy Angel

So Reeftopia has the Atlantic Pygmy Angel on their site. I have thought about getting one, I understand they are cautiously reef safe. Does anyone have one? Has anyone purchased one from Reeftopia? Problems? This would be my third and last fish in my tank. Pseudocromis, clown and this one. Have algae available on the rock and I feed a variety of foods cyclopese, pellets, even a krill(for my flower anemone but pseudocromis always gets one). I have one SPS, some LPS, mushrooms, and other soft stuff.

Any and all answers welcome (except I cannot buy it in the group buy haha).

I've had a Flame Angel and currently have a Velvet Dwarf Angel, the flame only picked on my gorgonia, I had sps, zoa's, shrooms and frogspawn in the tank. Currently I have SPS, Zoa,s and meaty LPS/acans and I've yet to see the Velvet Dwarf touch anything. Like any fish I think it'***** or miss.

sinkingbeach said:
I've had a Flame Angel and currently have a Velvet Dwarf Angel, the flame only picked on my gorgonia, I had sps, zoa's, shrooms and frogspawn in the tank. Currently I have SPS, Zoa,s and meaty LPS/acans and I've yet to see the Velvet Dwarf touch anything. Like any fish I think it'***** or miss.

Thanks does your angel now eat it's share of algae off the rocks too?

Spends every waking moment picking at the rocks, whether it's sponges, algae, or pods I'm uncertain.

JRWOHLER said:
sinkingbeach said:

Thanks does your angel now eat it's share of algae off the rocks too?

I have a coral beauty. pretty fish but boy does it hide alot. when it dies I probably wont get another one. I was told that this type of pygmy is the most reef safe

I have a Pygmy Angel in my 20 gal reef. It doesn't bother any of my corals and I have a little bit of SPS,LPS,and shrooms and zoos.

It is a great tankmate with my clown and skunk dottyback. It was territorial to the dottyback at first but now they get along fine.
Mine has a taste for mysid

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have a Potters Angel in my frag tank right now...i would notice if it was picking at anything pretty easily...so far so good.

I had a Flame Angel at one time that loved Open Brain's but didn't touch anything else.

rgarofalo said:
I have a Pygmy Angel in my 20 gal reef. It doesn't bother any of my corals and I have a little bit of SPS,LPS,and shrooms and zoos.

It is a great tankmate with my clown and skunk dottyback. It was territorial to the dottyback at first but now they get along fine.
Mine has a taste for mysid

Thanks guys...Tank is looking very nice rgarofalo..had to go back and check it out since you and I have pretty similar settups and livestock. Think that seals the idea. :)

I have a Reeftopia Pygmy in my 55 for alnost 2 years. No problems with coral, eats fine, will not eliminate all of your hair algae, however. I have some that grows on my HOB fuge overflow that he never touches.

All in all a great little fish.

Thanks blange ;D I actually have some non hair algae hope he chows down on a little bit. Glad to hear you got him from reeftopia and he is doing well.