• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

RE: IM Nuvo fusion 40

Even though I just started cycling my BC 32 I've been reading lots of positive reviews on above mentioned tank. Other than the fact that it's 8g more than mine I'm wondering if I made a mistake. Does anyone have this NF 40? Any thoughts/comments on it?

I’ve had IM tanks from 4g-30L(sorry not the 40g) I like them for there simplicity and clean look. The filtration is relatively spacious when and if you have to clean back there, the chambers are designed to allow simple mods such as protein skimmers and reactors without being to concerned with space. I’ve had the Biocube 8g/14g/29g/16g. The Biocube are good form a AIO introductory tank as they come with the lights built-in. But I’ve always had trouble fitting my hands in the back chambers, planning out mods hoping things would fit and because it’s curved glass it makes the curvature suspectible to cracking if kept in level with time( my aquapod 12 split right open).If I had to compare both tanks long term I’d say IM tanks win with piece of mind, it may not come with a light but most ppl upgrade lights anyway, as with the Biocubes unless your gutting the hood it otherwise has to be removed. .

Thanks for ur input. I upgraded stock light with a nano box retrofit led - uses 'Bluefish controller app on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 which is pretty cool and is 4-5 times more par. Plus a few other upgrades. Maybe ur BC that cracked was defective to begin with , of all the research/reviews i've read I never came across a BC 14/16 ; 29/32g cracking. The IM's look nice but the one negative is not having a hood/canopy, only a mesh screen. Lots of evaporation occurs. All my tanks I've had over the years - fw/planted - I always had a cover on them. ( saved myself from losing a lot of fish!! ). Call me old fashioned but I'm more comfortable with a cover on the top.

Last edited:
I wouldn't sweat it. I think you made a good choice with your tank and you should be happy with it as well! Once everything you own outgrows your 32 you can always upgrade in the future!

I wouldn't sweat it. I think you made a good choice with your tank and you should be happy with it as well! Once everything you own outgrows your 32 you can always upgrade in the future!
Thanks for ur input. I'm going to try & save a little ( ha, ha ) money for now & stay with the BC.

I believe that's the right move to make! Put the money you were tempted to use in a piggy bank towards a bigger system for the future!