• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

re thinking of getting an aqua c not the nano for an AP 24

Thinking of picking up a regular Aqua C protein skimmer fed by a maxi jet 1200 for an Aqua Pod 24 that I am setting up.

Is this too much skimmer or would I be better off with the tunze nano or aqua c nano skimmer.

Thanks for your comments.

E

Hello there and welcome..

I have not had the pleasure of using a skimmer on my AP12 as of yet. I am thinking I might mod something this week. However, I have heard both good things and bad things about both the tunze and the remora C. However, the Remora C always leads the way in my research by a bit. If I was going to choose one of those you suggested for your tank I would go with the Aqua Remora C.

Now if you want something that is supposedly better then the both of those with the ability to hide it away. I would suggest you take a stroll over to sapphireaquatics.com and get one for your tank specifically. Depending on if you kept it stock you might like this option better.

Good Luck and Welcome!

mynd:

Thanks for the comments. I hope my tank looks as good as yours when I get it setup.

I have a wood canopy for my aquapod so I don't have to worry about the stock canopy.

I'm just hoping the noise level on the aqua c is not that much.

I'll put it this way.... I have an aqua c that I used on my 50g, when I upgraded that tank to a 70g RR it came with a new more powerful skimmer.

My plan was to use the remora on my 30g cube... I can't bring myself to hook it up yet because I remember how darn loud it was! Having some sort of canopy would likely help but they are noisy!

Candi

Thanks.

I had an ASM G2, Euroreef CS 8-3 and a Bermuda protein skimmer when I had a bigger tank and all relatively quiet since they were in sump.

I think it's better to keep up with the water changes for now than using a skimmer for now.

I'll wait for Carlo and wolverine to post on their experience.