• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Red Sea Leds: do these ever go on sale?

About to start a build. Currently have a Red Sea 50 on my nano and am happy with the performance and how it looks. Wondering if the 90’s ever go on sale and if worth waiting. (Looking at you @Premiumaq ).

After seeing a radion g5 XR15 compared against a red Sea led...there is no comparison. The Red Sea should be embarrassed on their performance!! Not even in the same league, let alone ball park Radion XR15 Pros are my new choice. Hoping to find one on sale in the next month while my new tank cycles :D

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
any gen 3 or above of Radions are great. if you want to save, look for used Gen 3s/4s espcially if you will be using them with a hybrid setup. I would consider Gen 5s if you are doing all LED or want the lastest and greatest. Gen3s and 4s still work great and are proven.

erics210

NJRC Member
I opted out of the red sea 90s for the s500 I have and picked up AI Hydra 26s. I am sure they are a bit behind Radion Pros, BUT when budget allows.

horseplay

NJRC Member
AI Lights are great too some say better that the Radions. I have owned AI for a short period of time I do like the color slightly.

eholceker

NJRC Member
A big fan of reefbreeders. May not have the cool app interface but the photon v2 will outdue Andy light on the market at half the cost.