• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Reef2reptiles (ultimate reef)

Stopped by there today for the first time, its a nice little place! very nice frag,invert and fish selections. Plus they carry the salt I need, and its cheaper then anywhere else! :greedy_dollars: people that are working there are friendly and knowledgeable. Once i get my tank set up i'll be going there for all my frags! highly reccomended.

Visited Greg today and picked up some conches... also got a new shipment while i was there AMAZING STUFF!!! stop in and check it out!!!

IMO best Stock, best Prices and all around best service in monmouth county

I believe the one he's talking about is probably bigger then your 15g tank ;) literally it's a 1ft+. I think it's a zebra one though(black and white stripes)

Did you happen to see what type? I'm adding a 1/2 acrylic DSB to my 15G and i've been considering adding one in.. If you did not see the type did you notice if it was a smasher or spearer?

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
If its the zebra striped one he has had of for a while. Saw it maybe 8-9 months ago and it was probably 10 inches then. Does he have the long frag tanks set up yet?

I would love to pick up a zebra, but he would destroy any idea of keeping a DSB since they dig massive tunnels to live in.. plus I think they are spear'ers. I'm definitely axious to get the group buy into effect so I have an excuse to make a trip to check it out!

i have been in there to check it out... i didn't like that nothing is clearly priced. i would be hesitant to spend money there cause i would be afraid that pricing is based upon the whim of the moment. every other lfs i've visited has their pricing clearly displayed. i like transparency. even if i don't agree on the price i like to know if i did buy something i would be paying the same price as the customer before me and the customer after me in line.

Yeah, I can agree with that statement about pricing. However, for better or worse, it has been like that since he opened up. I remember when we had our first GP there he was just opening up shop (maybe 2-3 years ago) and it was tough getting prices for stuff since only one guy knew. Then when I went back they had a price sheet that they used to figure out the prices, but again.. who knows? In any case, the place reminds me of a kids dream to start up a store to make a living and they really seem to enjoy what they do. So, for that alone I support them. TROP is great at selection, etc, but as with most "pet" stores the people just remind me of someone who needs a job and doesn't necessarly enjoy it. R2R is more like walking into a friends house to pick up some stuff for your tank - just a different atmosphere.

Just my 2c

I tend to agree with reeflections, it would be much better, and put me at ease if there were prices, especially since he says he gives 15% off for njrc memebers, but whatever prices he gives me is the price i pay, even after i show him the card, he says it's already in the price. Having said that, in general i've noticed his prices are pretty fair, if not cheap on certain things. Overall still a really good lfs, but I have to agree at least some prices would be very helpful, and keep peoples minds at ease about changing prices depending on who's the buyer.

i understand the way you guys feel about the pricing.. all i know is i've been going to Greg for 3 years and anytime i've purchased an item (coral fish anemone ect) its always been cheaper than trop, Aquatic obsessions or anyone....plus he'll special order items for you and help you out if you're in a bind... i dunno to each their own i guess

I'm not saying he's priced unfairly or changes pricing depending on person, I'm just saying if he had prices listed I'd be much more at ease. For instance I might drop by 1 week and get a price of 50$ and next week it's 55. I'm sure it's not him trying to get more money, but him trying to keep the price of 100's of corals in his head. I just like consistency. That being said I still go ever week or so and always buy stuff he's a great guy with great stuff!