• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Regal angel

does anyone here have or had a regal angel ? I know they have a rep for being finicky eaters but my angels are doing quite well and was consider adding one more angel. what is their main diet? sponge, algae? and will a regal do ok with an emperor and a queen
? would be going to a 210 with some corals .

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Pete, you have seen mine. Have had him for 2 years, he eats everything and is healthy as can be. Just make sure he is from the Red Sea (yellow throat as opposed to grey) and also usually the younger and smaller the specimen the better, they acclimate to captivity much better. I am not sure about how it will do with other established angels, as it is a shy fish.

One thing to remember: Absolutely, positively do not... DO NOT buy one that is not eating in front of you. No matter what color chest it has. If the place won't feed it, simply walk out. If it won't pick at food yet they assure you it eats, don't buy it unless you see it eat... and more than a piece of shrimp.

You want these guys eating with gusto from the dealer.