• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Regal Angel

Got myself a regal angel few days ago and he's in QT. First day, kept in dark so he would acclimate. Second day, he's sluggish in swimming but breathing is calm and controlled. Today I started seeing slight nibbles at food in water column (more like taste testing). Some light nibbles on LR and curiousity about some kombu (still have found no fish to like this seaweed, though snails love it) laying around. He will approach the front of tank to see who I am but most times, hangs in the back. I have a history now of acquiring problematic eaters and wanted to know if anyone has some strategy to entice this notorious non eater.

*Edit*

Actually right after I posted this he is attacking the kombu. Not eating the kombu itself but must be something on it. I thought hippo tangs were messy. This guy completely wrecks the seaweed with his gnashing motion.