• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Remote sump

I have a split level house ,dt is in the living room I have a 5x7 closet in the lower level that serves no purpose and have been kicking around the idea of plumbing my sump and a frag tank down to it. It would probably be 20-25 feet worth of plumbing and an aggravating amount of work. Does this seem like a bar fetched unrealistic project. Or directly below where the tank sits is a spare bedroom That needs to be renovated and would only require about 10 ft of plumbing. I mean it seem like an easy choice I would just like to have all the utility hidden, any feedback would be appreciated

Now we are talking. Only problem is the house we just bought 6 months ago is all original from 76 so I would hate to put these tanks in the "fish room" and have to move them down the road once renovation time comes. The spare room seems to be the practical new invasive option. What kinda return mag 12? Running a mag 9 on the current set up but that's only 4 ft head choked back to run 75%.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If I had a basement and a spare room directly below my tank... I would definitely have a "fish room" for the sump and all my equipment.

As for the return pump, that would depend on what size tank and what size bulkheads you have on the overflow plumbing.