• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Ricordea

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Anybody here into ricordias? What kind of conditions do they require and are they hard or special to maintain? My wife stumbled across some online and loves the colors and now wants me to have some. I have always liked them myself, but never considered trying them( don't know why). Can they be mixed with other corals in the tank?

If you have some pics please show them.

Taz

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I collect them. Have or had every color.
I've never had a problem growing them. They multiply like crazy in my tank. Then can be mixed with any other corals. They grow better on a flat piece of rock so when they have their babbies, the babbies will already be attached to the rock. If I get a chance in the next few days, I'll look for pics.
Mine like med. flow. Orange or yellow ones like more light then the others.

Tazmaniancowboy said:
Anybody here into ricordias? What kind of conditions do they require and are they hard or special to maintain? My wife stumbled across some online and loves the colors and now wants me to have some. I have always liked them myself, but never considered trying them( don't know why). Can they be mixed with other corals in the tank?

If you have some pics please show them.

Taz

They very nice and easy to take care off, just like mushroom hardy. I just place them on the sand. They are low light and low flow corals.

IMG_9147-1.jpg

IMG_9160.jpg

IMG_9156.jpg

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
What kind of lighting do you guys have them under? would 8 T-5's be too much for them if I lay them on the sandbed? Do they need to be spotfed or do they feed on their own?

Thanks for the replies guys. I really like them so I am going to do some research on them and try to find a good place to buy some

Taz

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have them under all different lighting. I have some under 250watt MH's. Them ones split the most.
I always start mine on the sand bed, wait a month then try them in different areas.