• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Rusalty - just ordered

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member

1200 Amphipods for $50 with free shipping. Should be getting by Tuesday. Will post experience.
Site is clean and organized, prices are right, theres a great variety of live foods, inverts, etc...
If good, will contact the powers that be regarding a potential group order.

Last edited:

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Algaebarn does copepods - tiny. I've been raising a bunch of these over the past 2 months.
Amphipods are the guys that jump out of the bag and you have to pick up off the countertop.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
The first shipment from them was fantastic.
SO!
I placed another order this afternoon.
BUT!
I received an e-mail tonight with a special offer for BOGO on any amphipod order today and tomorrow.
I thought the timing was odd and it might be a fishing (ha!) scam to get me to order again immediately.
BUT!
I logged in to check my order which, as I ordered late in the day, is currently unfufilled and unshipped.
SO!
I dropped them a mail tonight asking them if they could please either modify the order to take advantage of the BOGO or if the order can just be cancelled and I'll redo it tomorrow.
SO!
We'll see what happens and I'll report back on the morrow.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Cool deal. They dropped me an email back stating that the order I placed wasn't part of the BOGO, they cancelled it, refunded the paypal, and all was groovie.
Now I'm sorta pissed as the order of amphis/copis is not in the BOGO deal!

In reality, I feel like an ass for bothering them. The $59 amphi/copi pack is legit, thus my second order of it.
I thought, without reading, that a the BOGO amphipods would be applied to this order. Was not the case.
Had I known this pack was not in the BOGO I would never have requested cancellation or order modification.
They cancelled the order and refunded payment within 12 hours.

Now I'm going to go back with my head between my fishy things in embarrassment, as I'm going to re-order exactly what I had them cancel.

This guy provided a great product on initial order, put up with my BS, cancelled a second order due to my mistake, and now I'm going to place the exact same order this week.

Think they're my new go to for amphi and copi.

Can't recommend them highly enough atm, unless he spits in my copepod bag on this order for the BS I put him through.

We should get these guys as a sponsor, if they can deal with my negative broody crap and pull out ahead, they win.