• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Saltwaterfish.com

Hi everyone!

I just want a little perspective and to know if I'm being unreasonable.

Last week, I placed an order at saltwaterfish.com ($200+) and attempted to use their advertised coupon for first time customers of 15% off. When I applied the coupon to my cart, it only gave me 10% off so I created a support request.

image.jpg

They replied that the coupon was only for 10% - but I linked them back to their own site where the 15% was still visible :

http://www.saltwaterfish.com/category-saltwaterfish-coupons-super-specials

And they just "closed out" my inquiry and changed the 15% to 10% ... Except that? I had taken screenshots

image.jpg

image.jpg

This morning, after they closed out my previous request, I initiated another - but at this point? I'm wondering if it's worth it?

image.jpg

Am I being unreasonable? Is this a reputable place? It's ONLY $10 but at the same time it's MY $10.

Hi everyone!

I just want a little perspective and to know if I'm being unreasonable.

Last week, I placed an order at saltwaterfish.com ($200+) and attempted to use their advertised coupon for first time customers of 15% off. When I applied the coupon to my cart, it only gave me 10% off so I created a support request.

View attachment 9338

They replied that the coupon was only for 10% - but I linked them back to their own site where the 15% was still visible :

http://www.saltwaterfish.com/category-saltwaterfish-coupons-super-specials

And they just "closed out" my inquiry and changed the 15% to 10% ... Except that? I had taken screen shots.

View attachment 9339View attachment 9339

This morning, after they closed out my previous request, I initiated another - but at this point? I'm wondering if it's worth it?

View attachment 9340

Am I being unreasonable? Is this a reputable place? It's ONLY $10 but at the same time it's MY $10.

Your not being unreasonable. After you get your shipment, advise them that you will not being doing business with them in the future and you will advise others to do the same.

Thank you. I tend to act first and then think about what I've done and regret it lol.

My poor husband lol.

The best thing about money, everyone excepts it...lol, you do me wrong, you don't get it anymore.

If they offer reviews, let them have it too...lol, but they would probably delete it...

Couple things ;-)

image.jpg

Anyone concerned about the mandarin, I've been seeding my fuge for months and have 3 "pod condos" in there. Plus I've placed an order from getyourpods.com ...

I'll never order from swf again. My dad was very in experienced when he ordered fish for his 65g. He spoke to them on the phone, told them information about the setup, being 65g with a freaking canister filter, and they sold him over 20 fish. From what I remember, Powder blue tang, kole tang, naso and a blue hippo, hawk fish, school of fire fish, two clowns, three heniocus, a mandarin and several others. My dad could have researched more but he didn't know any better and assumed the vendor would do the right thing.

I have had a mandarin for a while now. I used to worry and was adding pods monthly. I just watch him and he seems pretty plump so i leave it alone now. I would make sure you have pods when he goes it so he can eat.

I'll never order from swf again. My dad was very in experienced when he ordered fish for his 65g. He spoke to them on the phone, told them information about the setup, being 65g with a freaking canister filter, and they sold him over 20 fish. From what I remember, Powder blue tang, kole tang, naso and a blue hippo, hawk fish, school of fire fish, two clowns, three heniocus, a mandarin and several others. My dad could have researched more but he didn't know any better and assumed the vendor would do the right thing.

Holy ****! That's a lot of fish - and all at one time !? HOLY ****. Did any survive?

And yeah, you kind of expect the person selling you stuff to help GUIDE you in the interest of the livestock.

I was at Elos Aquastudio this weekend for their 50% off sale - and after every selection they explained to me why it would/would not be a good choice for me. For example, the GORGEOUS hawkfish and grouper that they had - would eat everything I currently owned.

Sometimes it's not about making the sale, it's about making a customer for life.

Saltwaterfish.com DID eventually honor the discount - but I don't know that I'd order from them again because they made it so difficult to have them do that.

I'm a pretty suspicious person by nature, so I take screen shots often when I sense something fishy (lol I'm punny) - and when the cart only took off 10%, I went and screenshotted the page that showed 15% - miraculously after I contacted them with the link - the page changed to 10% - except they missed a bunch of other spots where it still said 15%. The first customer service person basically said "tough" and closed the ticket out.

I don't know that they would have honored the discount had I not provided the proof - and that makes me feel like their business isn't completely honest (if that makes sense) - I wasn't asking for MORE than what it showed at the time I made my purchase and yet they made me feel like I was being unscrupulous and attempting to get something for nothing.

It's about the principle.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sounds like they probably made a mistake by making it 15% originally, but they did eventually honor it after you showed them proof. They likely figured you would complain to others if they didn't make good on it, so they caved in on the 5%.

As far as the mandarin, as long as you already have some pods and with adding those you are just buying too... you should be good to go for him. Once you have him in the tank, observe him and make sure that he's buzzing around hunting for pods. As long as you see him pecking fairly often, then you should have plenty of food for him.

If you want to be doubly sure, mine always loved blood worms and black worms (preferably live, but frozen will do in a pinch). You can supplement feeding him a couple worms a day to help fatten him up.

Some mandarins will also eat frozen Mysis too. Mine took a few early on, but once I started feeding blackworms, he ignored the shrimp and held out for the worms. They're all picky in their own way though. Some will like this, some like that. So I'd encourage you to try various other foods and see what you can get him to eat for those times when pod levels dwindle.

Good luck and hope to see some pics of the new tank mates!

I just wanted to update and say that this retailer has gone above and beyond on my behalf. And I have since placed additional orders with them (after my initial post on this topic)

I have received DOAs and they were immediately refunded (within hours of me notifying them) - and while it's sad when the animal dies - they have done what they could to make things right.

I actually have an order due to arrive tomorrow - by 10am.

ALL that to say:

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM