• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

schooling bannerfish

Heniochus diphreutes are these reef safe? petco has one for 29.99 in eatontown. also apowder brown japonicus for 39.99 nice clean looking fish. they come in on fridays so if you want something there get it quick cause I'm not at all impressed with their tanks

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I had one in my reef for about 2 years or so and then he developed a taste for corals. He now resides in Jazzsam's FOWLR tank.

They are one of the least likely coral nippers but it is still a risk.

thanks Mike and Matt. I have a Scott Michael marine fishes book and it says about them thatits not a threat to sessile invertebrates but I'm not into taking risks at the expense of my corals.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have the same book and mine still ate my blastos and clams. He also like to taste every single zoanthid I put in the tank. They are a member of the butterfly fish family and we all know how reef safe they are.