• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sea Trade Marine

Bernie is the name of the guy that runs www.seatrademarine.com out of his basement. He sells walt smith rock for pretty good prices. the fiji premium is $150 for 50 lbs and the ultra fiji is $200. He is located right in medford, nj so if you live close you can contact him and set up a time to go to his house and buy some rock that way you save on shipping. he has a ton of other stuff there too, salifert test kits, purple up, b-ionic calcium/alk buffer, hoods, and much more. he is very reasonable and is willing to trade/deal on some things. he'll also pretty much get anything you want.

he had about 6 boxes of rock and he opened them all up for me and allowed me to pick which boxes i wanted to buy.

he also has a couple of tanks that you can buy stuff out of. he has a nice 180 bowfront that he sells anything that's in there.

I bought my LR from Bernie last saturday. I saw his ad on ebay and called him up. He was great and answered all of my questions, and I went to pick up some cured LR. I would definately recommend him to anyone who can make it out to medford to pick up some live rock. It had great color was cured and he gave me the option to pick through to find which pieces I liked.

omg how did i not know about this guy i'm in Medford 4 times a week i could be there all the time buying stuff :D does it sell it by the lb too or just 150lb?
BTW Thanks for posting this i'll see about going tomorrow maybe

well i see he sells what i want (the bio rock stuff) that you replace bio balls with but i like his sps corals so i sent him an email seeing if he'd let me pick up some corals instead of overnight shipping,

Thanks dude

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have heard that he is more than fare in his pricing ;D
I hope to get there soon since I live about ten minutes away.
It would be nice if we can save money

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Rock group buy prices are 2.50-3.50 for most types of live rock. The current group buy runs to the end of January. Definitely worth looking into.

well thanks to this post I just met Bernie tonight. He has some great rock and some really nice corals. Great guy I will be a repeat customer. I would say anyone local to medford you should check him out.

Yea i think it is thats why you have to tell him when your coming or something like that
but he said he does most of his stuff online but you can come over to shop :D

Bernie is a good trip for live rock... Also great prices on clams.. I have been to his house probably a half dozen times... Worth the trip..

he can pretty much get you anything as long as you are patient. he can be hard to get in touch with sometimes, but i think that's cause this isn't his primary job...its just something he does on the side. he's very willing to help out with stuff and i've even sold/traded misc. stuff to him. he qt's all his fish in a hypo-salinity tank with copper. i got my hippo tang from him for 40 bucks and he's been doing great for about 8 months.