• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Seachem Paraguard- Reef Safe ???

Hello

I was conversing with a online fish distributer and told him about my ich situation. He has very expensive fish in his inventory. He says that he has no problem using seachem paragaurd in a reef tank. He states it works for ich and is safe to be used in a reef.

He also says they use Maramycin for bacterial infections in reef tanks with no problem.

Great information. But is this true? would anyone take a chance doing paraguard for ich in a reef tank? I have not had a chance to read up on it. I know there are only three proven methods. Hyposalinity, copper and tank transfer. But is is possible that someone has success with other agents?

I checked out Seachem's website. They state that they cannot claim paraguard to be reef safe as some clients have had problems in the reef while others have had success.

Any one have an opinion?:bull_head:

Q: Is ParaGuard™ safe for use in marine reef tanks with invertebrates and soft corals?
A: We do not sell or market ParaGuard as invert safe because it would be impossible to test it with every available invert under every potential water parameter. We have had people use it with invertabrates with no problems, but we have also had people encounter problems. If you decide to use it we stress caution; dose at 1/4 to 1/2 dose and observe how your inverts and soft corals react. If they seem to tolerate the dosing, increase slowly up to no more than the prescribed dose as long as they are tolerating it. If you need to get rid of the ParaGuard™ quickly, just turn your skimmer back on.

Thanks Brando but you basically repeated what I already know. :)Dance

Lol rest of my post got cut off :p

Basically it is a risk, I googled around and some people had no issues while others saw some die off. Definitely a trade off and 50/50 gamble it seems :/.

Any chance to remove the fish and put them in QT and treat there instead? If you're local I have a 10g tank you're welcome to, I'm in 07006.