• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Shrimp Hatchery

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Picked this up at Target - $5
Thinking of hatching brine shrimp it.

Attachments

• 20230513_190920(1).jpg
    20230513_190920(1).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
I use one of those flat brine shrimp dishes. Works well. Not a lot of volume , but it works. If I had the space I'd be using one of those gallon kits with the handle.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Its
I use one of those flat brine shrimp dishes. Works well. Not a lot of volume , but it works. If I had the space I'd be using one of those gallon kits with the handle.
I made one of those but no luck in hatching.

I have that one too. Such a low yield i really am not a fan. Actually looking at doing a more traditional hatchery with the inverted soda bottle.
Yeah if you have the space, that's the way to go. I can get a couple days worth of small feedings out of the circular one. Kind of prolongs it if you add some ammonia block day 2

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I thought you were going to start keeping those tiny ornamental freshwater shrimp!! I've seen some go for hundreds !! Makes me want to start a tiny taNk for it hahaha