• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Solved my own problem!

NanoJoe

NJRC Member
TLDR; I bought the wrong Neptune extension cable and stripped it to make it work.

So, I purchased the wrong 10' extension cable. I purchased the 1link rather the 24DC cable. I would have just ordered the right cable but I needed it for my client this upcoming Tuesday. (Now that I think about it saltwateraquarium.com probably could have gotten it to me as their shipping is super-fast)
I got the idea to just strip them back and crimp them together. Digging back into my DIY roots from when I first started the hobby and find a way to get it done. I used to do small projects all the time. Just another part of the hobby that makes it fun. Gets your brain going on how to make it work.

If you didn't know the difference between the 1link and 24DC is just communications cables within the 1link. The 24DC is just that... 24v signal to say on/off via your programming. They both use the same 20-gauge wire for the 24v signal. I said screw it. Got my wire strippers out and got to work! You are not supposed to extend the wire more than about 20 feet. I have yet to test that out, it's just what Neptune recommends.

I have yet to test it as i write this. I don't see a reason why it shouldn't work.... right? :topsy_turvy:

Attachments

• NEPTUne.jpg
    NEPTUne.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 5