• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

SPS location

I wanted to know if anyone knows the best locations for the following SPS.

Kedd's acro. (mine has turned greenish with no polyp extension.)
Bali Slimmer (ORA)
Rainbow Monti
Sunset Monti
Blue polyp Monti
Aussie Stag (ORA)
Oregon Tort
Becker Tort
Miami orchid
Purple Monster.

I have a 120g with 2 - 250watt 12K reeflux with 4 - 54watt T5's. I have 3,200gph flow just in powerheads. A Korallia 4, a Korallia 3, 2 Korrallia 1's, and a Maxijet 1200. That's without my 1,500gph return pump. The pumps are all on my ACjr. I have tons of light and almost 40x flowrate.

What I'm really looking for is which of these can tolerate lower parts of the tank and which need to be high and which need to be low to maintain coloration.

pnoyreefer said:
What heppened to the Oregon Tort? u lost it ?

No I have it. I'm just asking what the best location for it is. Right now all those pieces are on a Fragrack (the kind you showed me with the magfloat) and I'm getting ready to "plant" them. I'm just looking on where to go with each piece.

Mike,

I have a couple of the ones you asked about, but remember I'm only a newby, plus I'm running my tank on T5s only.

Here goes:
Miami Orchid = high with strong flow (great colors and growing quickly)
Rainbow Monti = lower portion, medium flow (great colors and growing nicely)

I don't know how big of a difference there is between the Bali Slimer and the Green Slimer. In any case, my Green Slimer is in the middle of my tank with good flow and has grown from 1" to about 5" with multiple branches since June. Awesome color, too.

---
Wendy

JerseyWendy said:
Mike,

I have a couple of the ones you asked about, but remember I'm only a newby, plus I'm running my tank on T5s only.

Here goes:
Miami Orchid = high with strong flow (great colors and growing quickly)
Rainbow Monti = lower portion, medium flow (great colors and growing nicely)

I don't know how big of a difference there is between the Bali Slimer and the Green Slimer. In any case, my Green Slimer is in the middle of my tank with good flow and has grown from 1" to about 5" with multiple branches since June. Awesome color, too.

---
Wendy

Thanks Wendy. This was exactely what I was looking for.

And yeah it's the Bali "Green" Slimmer. I'm going to go ahead and start these three since I've seen your growth pics and I can definately take your word for it.

Now I just need the rest of those and I'll be able to "plant" everything else.