• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Starboard for bare bottom tanks

I painted the outside of the bottom panel of my tank black, but I am nervous about the rock on the glass. I will secure the rock but still want more protection. Is there anyone in the club who is currently using starboard in their own tank? I was looking on reef2reef and reefcentral and was able to check out some setups but wanted to hear personal experience from people. Right now I am learning towards 1/2" black with routed edges.

I used it on my 120. Worked great and looks quite nice. 1/4 " is fine and do not bother with routed edges. You will measure it, but still have to trim a bit off the edges to allow for the silicone. If you want just take a sander and buff the edges down.

I used it on my 120. Worked great and looks quite nice. 1/4 " is fine and do not bother with routed edges. You will measure it, but still have to trim a bit off the edges to allow for the silicone. If you want just take a sander and buff the edges down.

what color did you go with? i saw wwc used white or a grey on their 300 gallon