• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Staring over.......

Over the past week I've lost most of my fish - Every other day one of them is just GONE! Parameters are fine, they all look very healthy when I go to bed and they're gone in the morning. I'm assuming it's my two 14" brittle stars.

So today I went on a starhunt, destroyed my aquascaping and am starting over. The brittle stars are now gone and hopefully the three remaining fish will stay around. I'm spending tonight putting all of my rocks and corals back. So now I need some brainstorming suggestions. I have a 6" yellow tang, a 2" flamehawk and a 4" bicolor angel left in my tank. I lost my maroon clown, blennie, royal gramma, powder blue and dwarf lion. I would love to replace them all but I originally added them in a specific order to prevent any major aggression problems and all was fine. Any suggestions on restocking order?

I'd like to add the following:
Maroon clown (or a pair)
A pair of perculas (mine died after 5 years and I really miss them)
A powder blue or brown
A dwarf lion
A school of blue chromis OR a school of anthias
Perhaps a foxface
Perhaps another type of angel - large or dwarf
I also miss my lemonpeel that died a few years ago but I don't think he'd do well with my bicolor

Does anyone think I could add both pair of clowns if I do it at the same time? I oroginally added my YT and the powder blue at the exact same time with no problems. Do anthias REALLY need to be fed 2-3 times a day? I'm rather erratic about feeding - usually 4-6 times a week.

Any advice on the order now that I have a large YT -- He was one of my last acquisitions in my well-thought out, carefully planned 4 year plan for my tank that was just destroyed this past week. My next and probably last acquisition this summer was supposed to be an emperor angel.

I didn't think mixing clown species was a good idea unless the tank was big - at 150 I think yours qualifies as "big". Between the perculas vs Premnas biaculeatus, I'd add the percs first.

With regards to the anthias - no exp so I'm hoping someone else can comment.

Sorry about your losses. were they the dreaded Ophiarachna incrassata fish eater?

I just posted a reply about Anthia's, other than the Bartlett's, they can be difficult to keep.

Anthia's are susceptible to being killed by more aggressive fish(Tangs/Angels), must be feed daily so good skimmer and weekly water changes are usually needed to keep down nitrates, etc.

As far as adding two species of clowns I tried once 2 years ago (Black and Red False Perculas)and it was a disaster in my 75 Gal. The "clownfish war" left all but 1 False Percula alive. I do know that some people have done it successfully so you can try but with caution.

Good Luck!!

Doug 8)