• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Starting Over & Down Sizing

I am about to build what I hope is a tank that will serve a few purposes . I want to see if I like a shallow tank and can be happy having only clowns and jawfish with anemones and limited corals .
To do this I will be taking down my current tank and selling almost all my fish ,keeping only my Mandarin and disfigured clarki . My clarki is so screwed up looking he thinks he is a tang and hangs with my tamini tang . I just hope he doesn't bother the baby perc's .I will then be purchasing a bunch of very small baby perc's ,hopefully from the same hatch . This tank will be covered so a pair of blue spot jawfish might also find there way in along with at least 5 pearlies .
The tank is going to be a 40 breeder and is being drilled along a side wall for its drain and return . I will then build an overflow box for it leaving enough room on that side for a vortech or two . I will be able to use all my equipment so It is a cheap way to see if this is actually what I want .
It will have only three small rock formations with plenty of area for both swimming and jawfish burrowing. I will also be adding a few more anemones and selected corals . Besides zoa's I will only add corals that a clown might host .I want a simple open look like my nano.
I should get the 40 drilled this week and will start to post up pics and start a thread with the fish I will be selling .

scooter1010 said:
Hey Paul.....
Any updates on that sweet 40 gal breeder that Ethan drilled?? ::) :eek: ;D

Hmmm..... is there a connection to the free cracked 40 breeder posted elsewhere? :eek:

Ethan? Ethan?

Yes there is a connection but Ethan's not involved . He drilled perfect holes ,it was me who cracked the tank. New one was ordered and drilled tonight,back on plan by thursday .

Can't wait to put the tank on its STAND,its so nice to have a STAND ,just the word STAND makes me happy ! ;D

qwik said:
Can't wait to put the tank on its STAND,its so nice to have a STAND ,just the word STAND makes me happy ! ;D

I repeat; Ethan? Ethan?

I hear rumors of reefers who are stand deprived even in our own prosperous club! ;D

blange3 said:
qwik said:

I repeat; Ethan? Ethan?

I hear rumors of reefers who are stand deprived even in our own prosperous club! ;D

??? :mad: :( Last time the wife brings you coffee !
Sincerely,
Stand Deprived