• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sunny's - August Contest - WINNER!

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Hello

Thanks for all the responses everyone. It is time to now announce the winner. The winner is the tang that "If I look at it in a funny way, it tends to catch ich". This is the tang that forced me to go for second round of fallow DT. It started scratching from day one after 1st round of QT. It was miserable within 3 days. In a week or so I could see its skin was peeling off at places because it would scratch furiously all over the sand and rock. However, it never gave up eating. Always ate like a pig. Then one night after light out I scooped it out and put it in the QT downstairs. In the AM it was almost dead lying on its side. I gave up hope, but started treatment with copper, formaldehyde and malachite green.

Is it Achilles?
No it is not.

Is it powder blue?
Nope, not that either.

It is my MUSTARD TANG. Yes, it is extremely sensitive to ich. It had ich and started showing signs of ICH much much before the likes of PB, Achilles and Hippo. So if you ever plan to get a Mustard Tang, please beware that this is one fish which in my books is now the MOST sensitive towards ich.

Do I still have it? Did it make it?

Of course it did! It is fat and healthy and has better colors that it did when I got it 5 months back.

So Mr. Falconut, you were not wrong. You are the winner for this months contest. Please PM me to pickup your price.

I hope it was fun and informative for everyone.

Best
Sunny

Darn!
Sunny this is agreat contest! It keeps us informed and is fun hays.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

falconut

NJRC Member
Thanks guys. Great contest Sunny, just hope any future contests are ich free for you. It was interesting, since I would have thought that fish was the least likely to get it out of the group.