• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tang swimming upside down

hows the tang doing?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
He's doing good I think he's just a silly fish.
I wonder if I put a treasure chest in their that does bubbles what would he do.
My bubbles!!!!!!
photo-103.jpg

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Maybe he is a rare Australian tang from down under and that is the reason he swims upside down.

You could try to burp it.

Burping and Puncturing

When certain fish are brought up from depths greater than 40 feet too quickly, their swim bladders, which normally control buoyancy, can overinflate from rapid depressurization. Burping is a technique used on a fish with an overinflated swim bladder. The fish is massaged in the belly region in an attempt to release the excess air in the swim bladder. Puncturing involves using a needle or ice pick to poke a hole in the fish's exposed swim bladder. Both of these techniques are currently being advocated in other parts of the country. However, if the procedure is not carried out correctly, more damage than good may be done to the fish.

That was my first thought too.. swim bladder.. I've seen it a few times.. Does it ever swim upright?

This is going to sound strange.. but I had an oscar who had a swim bladder issue.. He was old and very well trained, so I tried holding him in my palm (well part of him) and rubbed his belly.. And I fed him peas. This was an old trick my grandfather taught me when I was a kid and would help him breeding his fancy goldfish. feed him peas one at a time until he isn't taking more, and repeat the next day.. should clear up in a couple of days.. if it doesn't then it's probably not swim bladder and he's just a weirdo.