• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tank Tour Anyone?

Well with all of these thread discribing tanks, I figured we might get one together. Please post if you would be interested in showing your tank, going on the tour, or both?

Also what dates are people available for the tour?

Chris

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
Welcome to NJ Reefers club Chris. That sounds like a great Idea. I'd be down for a road trip. We do get a mini tour of peoples tanks at our monthly meetings. But a tour of peoples houses might kind of fun too.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Regional trips would be a good idea. I know there are a cluster of folks up in the Washington area (where this month's meeting is). We tried to get them to do a tank tour for a meeting earlier in the year (April?) but it didn't pan out (too hard to schedule). We also have another cluster around the Woodbridge area, a group up in Bergen County, another cluster out by Cherry Hill, another cluster down by AC. Quite a few of us in driving distance in the Monmouth/Ocean area as well.

Not sure if we would do these instead of a monthly meeting or in addition to them, nor do I know how we'd get 4-7 reefers to agree on a date for availability! :)

It would be great if we could work out the logistics though!

I'm in!

Of course it won't take long to visit my small tanks, but all are welcome. I'll even cleanup the basement a bit.

I'd enjoy a road trip as well. Maybe we can get an interactive map site of all the members locations like that fish store site that's out there! Then we can plot the tour routes. :eek:

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We have the ability to map our coordinates if we put all of the members' zip codes into the members table.

Phyl said:
We have the ability to map our coordinates if we put all of the members' zip codes into the members table.

I think this is starting to sound like a lot of fun. 08873 for me......... :)

There is not much to see with my tank but it is growing every day!

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'll let you all know when I'm ready for you to update your profiles with your zip codes!

I'll be happy to have everyone come look as soon as my tank is up and running ... Next week I'll be doing the change over so anytime after july will be ok for me.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Phyl said:
I'll let you all know when I'm ready for you to update your profiles with your zip codes!

Sorry for creating extra work for you Phyl.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the whole location aspect of things. I am located in Holmdel, 07733 and I have no problem showing my tank on the tour.

So if someone knows how to do the trip planner please do, because I was just going to do it by looking at google.

How does August 12th sound for everyone?

I also noticed that there were a couple commenting from Monmouth County and I myself am from Holmdel. Would there be anyone who would not be able to make it if we based this particular tour around Monmouth County?

I know we are going to be doing the location by zip code, but I figured we could get this started.

Chris

I'm in Woodbridge, about 30 minutes north of Monmouth.

August 12th sounds good now but I'll get back to you when it gets a little closer to the date.