• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Temp Controller for Fan

With the warm season coming up, Is there a way to have my fan in my cabinet automatically go on and off with the water temp? Suggestions ;D

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Francis,

If you have an AquaController, you can plug the fan into the DC8 and set it to come on when the temp reaches a certain point and go off when it drops down.

panmanmatt said:
Francis,

If you have an AquaController, you can plug the fan into the DC8 and set it to come on when the temp reaches a certain point and go off when it drops down.

I'm actually looking into one, I would like to start playing with ozone ;)

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Francis if you want to start playing with ozone I have a lot of the parts you'll need. Check with me before you purchase!

i run the aquacontroller jr... That is very cheap and very nice for doing something like that and control your lighting...

Francis,
Check into the Ice Cap fan's they have a temp probe on them that will speed up the fan as the temp raises, I have mine on a timer to come on 1/2 hour before the lights and I let the fan's probe controll the fan during the day then at night I have the timer shut it off 2 hours after the lights go out.

Look by the attic fans in HD, they have a $14 adjustable T-stat I have one controlling the fan in the fish room and used to have one in the canopies of my 26g and 75g when they were up and running. Works like a charm.

I just ordered the Ranco duel controller. One to control the heaters and the other to controll my sump fans when the water gets to hot. Should be here this week.

Dirk