• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Terror Behind the Walls?

I was there last year. It was great, but short. I thought for the price they charged there would be more to it. The website makes it look like you can go explore different parts on your own, but it is basically a tour straight through. We did the meal package and ate at the Firehouse restaurant across the street. The food was good, but again, for the price of everything, I thought it would be better.

We also took in one of the local Halloween attractions, Dracula's Forest. Here is the website: http://www.draculasforest.com/

It is in Northeastern PA. I actually had a better time at this one. It was really pretty scary for a PA backwoods type thing, lol. The line for the hayride was pretty long, but well worth it!

Tina

Subliminal

NJRC Member
If you really want to have fun in a prison, try The West Virginia State Penitentiary in Moundsville, WV. It's a bit of a hike, but for $50 they give you the run of the place from 8pm till you want to leave the next day.

My wife and I did it a few years ago, and when we went astray from the group (just the two of us) it was friggin wild. That place has more creaks and groans than you can imagine.

We actually meant to sneak off for some hanky panky, but couldn't....toooo scary.

www.wvpentours.com

The place was closed down a while back after it was considered cruel and unusual punishment. I think part of it was built by prisoners in the civil war. 94 men were executed there, they had riots, and then, eventually, the first episode of MTV's fear was filmed there.

Anyway, good times. ;-)

We went there 2 yrs ago and it was definitely disappointing. Going by website we were under the impression you were exploring prison but thats not the case...last yr we did scare world 7 haunts and basically its the same as the prison only you have different areas to visit. Does anyone know if they still do 13 floor tower of terror in Philly?

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I always wanted to go to this but always thought it was pricy and a hike. A shame you wasted your money on something that stunk.

Does anyone know if the haunted hotel in North Jersey still around? If anyone went was it any good?

I usually search for the people who setup creepy walk throughs at their house. They seem to better probably because they just really enjoy Halloween. There is a good one in Jackson, Hazlet and Cliffwood.

I plan to attend the Jersey Devil hunt this year in Pine Barrens.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
The hayride at Six Flags ain't that great. Rather go to a local farm like Casola's. Cloaser and better.

Me and the wife did Terror Behind the Walls about 5 years ago..and back then it wasnt any good ...the best one we have been to in a long time (before we had kids) was Creamy Acres... it was good/varied and was worth the money...

Creamy Acres Farm

448 Lincoln Mill Road
Mullica Hill, New Jersey 08062

I dont know how it is now as I said it has been a few years but it might be worth a try if your in the area...