• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

TFP/TPP Lancaster

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have purchased many things from That Fish Place in Lancaster for good prices and the customer service was good also. Well this week I had a few random things to order so I was shopping around to get a good price, but more importantly to me was speed and ability to order all items in one location. I was doing good until I found the RO membrane that I needed (100gpd) and looked at the price......$140????? WOW, Our vendors have the membranes between $40- $50! I could not believe this and I wonder why.

This will not stop me from using them, but they did lose this order!

I find their most prices to be the best around but not when it comes to RO related items. I buy all of my pond supplies from them. Lately I've been trying to support my LFS but the last 10 years or so up to recently I bought all of my tank supplies from them as well. Only recently have I felt that supporting the LFS is critical to the hobby. If they cant make ends meet then they go out of business and we then have less and less places to not only purchase livestock and supplies but we also loose the collaboration and relationships developed when you have a great shop to go to.

ahhh TFP = the mecca of east coast dry goods.

I don't go to the live section enough to comment but last time i was there I liked that they
1) labeled all fish in the tanks
2) Labels has prices
3) Labels had DATE the fish was placed into the tank

Obviously to me the longer the tank has been there, the more likely for survival. I've been leary of buying live goods because as a warehouse you'd expect very high turnover and so a fish may "appear" fine. That stated, almost all of my fish purchases are from a local sponsor(s) on this board. But the labeling system is something if our LFS had the manpower to implement, would be great.

Also the fact that there is "one-stop" shopping here is a plus...like if you own small animals, reptiles, freshwater etc etc.