• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The Fish Tank 46

I went there this afternoon. Nice place with lots of tanks.
They just opened Friday but they already have a good selection of fish. As with any new store there were some dead/dieing animals. But that is to be expected with any new system.
Takes some time to work out the bugs. Pricing looked Ok but I live south were pricing is a bit lower. So I can’t really compare them to other stores in the Bergen county area.
They already have lots of LR tanks, SW fish tanks, and a good amount of FW.
Not a whole lot of dry goods or even room for them. Seams like they will be more animals then dry goods but I’m sure they can order anything needed. Just like any other store. I didn’t get the hours but they are open 7 days a week.
Located on the westbound side of 46 in the mall just before the Wal-Mart.
I didn’t speak much to the employees so I can’t comment on their knowledge base.
Overall I liked the place. Nice and clean, well lit, and I’m sure in time they will be doing a great business. I’m just happy that there is a LFS closer to my day job then AF.
S

Stopped in today nice looking store. most fish in good shape. coraline alge just starting to grow on reef tanks. owner said tanks were about 4 months old. Prices were very compeditive. I will definitly go back seems to have a lot of portential.

i went there today its a real nice place.everything is set up and running now and they new stuff practically everday the coral and fish selection is great and everything is healthy.they may look small but looks can be decieving because this place is huge.

Im not sure what you guys are used to but their prices are on the high side.  Everything from frags to fish were too much for my taste.   49.99 for a small six line wrasse is a little over the top. 

I have been there and their staff are very friendly and helpful. They have a good selection of corals and marine fish. But I have to agree that their prices are on the high end. Very similar to AF is not a little higher. I can't see myself paying what they ask for frags when I am sure they are just being snapped off of large peices that are being sold.