• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

THE NJRC KITTENS THE UNTOLD STORY

First off let me say thank you to all of you that came to our home. Kris and I can't begin to tell you how much we appreciate all the kind words. Now onto the fuzzy frags.
Because the kitties made so much chaos, I never really got a chance to explain to all of you just how these kittens will forever be grateful to NJRC. You see, back in April I noticed the mother cat was looking a little plump in the mid section if ya know what i'm sayin. So I figured I would leave the door to our storage area above the garage open in hopes that the mother would go in there and have her litter. This way I could round them up before they got too mobile. Well after checking every few days for the litter, for nearly 3 months, I figured it was a lost cause and the mother must have droped them somewhere else. So needless to say I closed the door.
Now here's where you guys come into play. After reading the RSVP thread, and seeing how many people would be coming, I realized that I might need some more room in our basement to handle overflow and the bounce house. So about a 2 weeks ago I started moving some of my junk from our basement out to the garage. Now mind you, the door to the garage had been closed for at least 2 days by now with the mother roaming around outside :eek:. On one of my trips I heard a tiny squeeking noise, buy now you all know what I found ;D.
But now heres the ironic part. Our storage area is a mess, junk thrown every where, from construction material to old drop clothes from work etc. etc. Its basically a snugly nirvana for a mother and her kittens. But where do you think she decided to leave her kittens.......Inside the cabinet of my old 55 gallon hex tank.
Long story short, if it wasn't for all you guys making the effort to attend the party, I would never had gone back up into our garage. At least not until it was too late. This is a perfect example of how ordinary people do extrodinary things sometimes without even knowing it. Just thought I would let you guys know what you all did for these 5 fuzzies!
Thanx again Stan and Kris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stan & Kris,

Our two little ones are adorable and my three boys are deeply in love. While Scott wasn't against the idea, he wasn't exactly overjoyed either. And yet, who decided to work from home today and ran out for supplies first thing this morning? Big softie...
No names yet, have to get a better read on them first. But the girl is NUTTY! She's the fighter, he's the lover.
We look forward to Casey and her "visitation rights" too. ;)
Thanks again,

Sarah

Sarah and Family: We are glad to hear the Fuzzy Frags are adapting to Hampton Life! Casey decided to name our fuzzy frag, "Squeaky" (for obvious reasons!) We felt bad we couldn't send you home with more supplies but it sounds like "the big softie" had you covered! Casey is looking forward to a visit and a playdate....we will send you a separate e-mail with some potential dates....talk to you soon! :D