• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Thoughts on a 30 cube

Very nice!
The stand might not be finished and the skimmer might not be hooked up, but the tank looks great and the corals look happy!

Nice! Glad to see the nem is doing well. 14 years in captivity and counting. Miss the little male perc. Got him about a year before the LTA.

Soon I'll be snapping shots of the reborn 180 as a tetra haven! The fish move out this weekend.

I picked up some sweet frags from Terri & Anthony at Brian's meeting. Thanks guys! and after my snails pushing them around a few times I finally got to stop by Sea Level Aquariums and pick up some glue to fix the frags in their places. They had a beautiful yellow leather but I don't have any room for it. Maybe its time for an upgrade. LOL

I'm convinced the LTA hates the old torch. Everytime I move the torch the LTA follows. But luckily the torch can hold its own.

Wow its been a while since I updated this thread.

The tank has been running pretty well for being skimmerless and using tap water. The IC gel glue just isn't holding the frags to the rocks. The snails keep pushing them from the rocks to their deaths. They either land on the large acan and get stung to death or the pistol shrimps grabs them and buries them. I think the answer is to use epoxy but I was afraid to use it without a skimmer running on the tank.

So I picked up an SWC 120 skimmer to replace the old the air stone skimmer that I could never get running well with the air pumps I had. I also grabbed a phosban reactor the guy for sale as well. I wish I had brought more cash because he 2 more brand new in the boxes for a decent price.

The SWC is a real tight fit in my tiny little sump and the micro bubbles are too much. I need to rearrange some things or possibly add a second sump just for the skimmer.

Anybody have the skills to make a simple acrylic box?

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Hit up ultra corals, I don't think he is too far from you. I am also blanking on the name of the reefer who lived down in south jersey with the amazing SPS tank, he put up a thread on how to diy a sump.