• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Thoughts on Scape?

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
It looks nice. What is your plan though? If you are going with some corals I don't see much area to attach them to that scape from what I can see.

Rueric

NJRC Member
the build looks nice! i would recommend making one side (maybe the left side) taller so if you give certain corals more par

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Can you kind of curve it more into a "U" shape to give you a little more room form the glass?

It looks nice. What is your plan though? If you are going with some corals I don't see much area to attach them to that scape from what I can see.
I thought about this and I will probably add both some LPS & SPS down the road. Not too much though as I don't want this tank to be super heavy maintenance. I also didn't want to go so rock heavy that the fish have no where to swim. Wanted to keep it away from the glass on all 4 sides for not only the swimming space, but also easy maintenance of the glass.

the build looks nice! i would recommend making one side (maybe the left side) taller so if you give certain corals more par
It is a really shallow tank at only 16 inches so I shouldn't have any issues with PAR. Corals on the top may get blasted with too much.

Rueric

NJRC Member
Maybe try taking out the middle piece in the middle. leave the whole structure a bit further back, that way you can grow out islands in front (you dont want something like GSP growing all over your main rockwork)

Attachments

• 1697583395103.png
    1697583395103.png
    280 KB · Views: 2

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
You will get many different opinions. Try a few and pick what you like best. For what's it worth I like the second.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Take pics. Stand back. Look at pics and stare at it. Then imagine what type of corals you want and where. You can always add more rock later on. I added rocks to mine about 4x in 2 years.