• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Time to change my setup

OK here goes. I am about two years into salt (did fresh for 10). I started off really easy with two damsels and two dominoes (90 tank 30 sump). I have about 300 lbs of live rock (sump too). I have waited for the dominoes to die so I could start from scratch cause everyone told me to just get rid of them.

I really enjoy aggressive fish and would like an almost maint free tank. What I mean by this is service it once a month for a few hours. I would like to cut out a lot of my rock as I feel like I am busting at the seems with it.

I would also like to have a pair of clown fish (Maron Clowns)in the mix.

Is the above possible?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Da kid

why wait - can't you just bring the dominos back to the LFS for credit? Or just give them away free if all you want to do is get rid of them.

Aggressive fish (singular) might be possible if you insist on maintenance free. Even then a big eel would require some more maintenance than once a month. When I think maintenance free- I think really really light bioload.

But truth be told - if you are only going to service the tank once a month - I think you'll find the results to be not as pleasing as if you were servicing it once a week instead.

as in - 2 hrs a week - instead of waiting for month end to do 8 hrs work.

Pics would be nice. What fish do you want? Corals? The vast amount of LR that you have will help keep the work down so don't be so quick to get rid of it IMHO.