• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tim's 75G RR [Lots of Pics]

Yes, on occasion. But not all the time. I'm not sure what makes it go away, but I will take a look when I get home.

Sorry for the confusion.

Tim

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Without a doubt take a trip to Aquatic Obsessions, their sponsor page is down below. Great selection and reasonable prices. Ocean Gallery II is also another great one and in the same area along with Red Sand (I have never been there, only heard good things).

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
tbraun said:
Yes, on occasion. But not all the time. I'm not sure what makes it go away, but I will take a look when I get home.

Sorry for the confusion.

Tim

No problem Tim. Gurgling noises are usually coming from the standpipes, so I can see where you assumed that's what I meant.

I'll try to put up another pic tonight to show what I do to keep mine quieter. That might give you an even better understanding of what I mean.

PS, sorry to hijack your thread... this is just something I've been trying to fix for a while. Everything else on my system is practically silent and this one noise comes and goes at random.

Here is a picture of my standpipe and return from the top:

714ec5d8.jpg

and side:

8e97bb0b.jpg

Mine seems to be a little different then yours. My return pipe is 3/4" from the bottom and the hole through the overflow looks to be cut for the 3/4" as well. The waterfall I sometimes hear is caused by the syphon break hole drilled in the bottom of the elbow. There is a constant stream coming out of it which you can see here:

6ea11e40.jpg

Tim

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I took another pic tonight, but only the actinics were on and it didn't come out too good. I'll take another tomorrow... seems I'll probably be home with all the snow we are getting. ;D

Your Loc-Line looks like it's the same size as your cutout. If you look at mine again, you can see that the cut out is wider than my fitting, and the noise I get is from the water flowing through there. My cutout is probably 1" while the fitting is only 3/4". The bottom of the cutout is slightly higher than the normal level of water in the overflow chamber... so it has a waterfall effect, bubbles and all.

I'll show it a bit better tomorrow.