• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

To mandarin or not to mandarin

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
When I began my initial tank, a mere 9-10 months ago, my goal was to, eventually, harbor a mandarin.
I'm not looking to do anything soon, just trying to figure out if;
A) I can have on in my tank
B) What preps I may need over the next few months.
C) He'll like the little sailor outfit I made for him, complete with tiny captain's hat and whistle.
I'm in an establishing 65g shallow reef, 7 mixed and non/semi-aggressives (clown, chromis, anthias, solar wrasse, bengi, chalk bass, LM blennie), varied corals, mucho live rock, Gyre, RO 110 skim, Mazzara lighting.
Been dropping pods in every 8 weeks or so for the hell of it.
Anyone have any experience or advice?

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
You are a very ingenious man. I'm sure you've heard that often.
None the less, I repeat it, and will under oath if the time ever comes. 'Yes, your Honor, I couldn't believe someone I knew was involved. I don't know much about him, but he is quite ingenious'.
My thanks. I shall be doing much reading, and shall also be redesigning my shrimp hatchery.

Paul B

NJRC Member
I have been called many things, some I can't repeat here and some involving my hair, or lack of. Dance

I also just wrote a book. I am hoping to get a Pulitzer or at least a movie deal. I think Brad Pitt will play me. Him or Pee Wee Herman I am not sure yet. But the book has about 10 or 15 aquarium devices you can build quite easily unless you are a Spaz. Then you may have to collect stamps and have someone else lick them for you.