• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Toadstool coral not opening

The toadstool is shedding again, but this time I can see a few specs of polyp color. That’s a good sign. It has been in a never ending cycle of shedding, scabbing over, and shedding again.

It is a beauty when open. It is a super nice green. I remember how impressive it was in the store when I bought it. It was looking even better in my tank for a while.

I think is coming around. I think I’ll leave it on the bottom, and see how it does for a while. The pistol shrimp, doesn’t dig in that area, so I don’t think anything will bother it there. It has been there a few days, and nothing has.

Attachments

• 0B63730E-F25C-451C-BFE4-B122D5F9AD4A.jpeg
    0B63730E-F25C-451C-BFE4-B122D5F9AD4A.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 11
The Toady is now doing well, with more polyps every day. Can a toadstool live right on the sand with a little rubble? Or should I try to find a low ledge for it. Here is a pic of its current placement . I don’t generally see people keeping these on the sand, but I thought I’d seek some opinions.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
The toady is opening up daily. I still haven’t quite gotten the polyp extension it once did, but its getting there. It has grown back quite a bit of the size it lost. It’s still down on the bottom. it’s a good spot for it where it has room to grow without shading other coral.