• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Torch Near Hammer

I thought it was okay for torch, frogspawn, and hammer to all be near eachother. It kind of looks like my hammer is being killed by the torch. Any advice would be great.
IMG-20120820-01477.jpg

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
My understanding is even thought they are LPS the torch has a potent sting. I have kept frogspawn and hammer close with no issues.
I always kept my torch away from everything else.

falconut

NJRC Member
My Hammer and Torch have been touching for years with no problem. Is the Hammer tissue starting to recede up? Maybe there's something else going on. I had that happen with a bunch of LPS before and lost them. Per suggestions, I dipped them in Lugols and all slowly recoverd. I even dose the stuff now and the LPS all are doing great.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I agree with Craig.

Give the hammer a dip and just for good measure, put it back a lil further away.

See if it starts coming back.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Well its back to normal. Maybe it just got annoyed with its new neighbor. Either way I'm going to move the torch as the hammer cant be moved.