• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Total Take Down and Redo-Nerve Racking!

The 29 Display and 12 Aqua Pod were happy healthy and overstocked. Very nice set ups BUT not in the direction that I wanted to go in. Softy's had dominated both tanks. My solution, Set up a 40 long breeder, tie into the system with over flows and move all stock into the new set up! Done. Now I can take my time and make it nice. Also I have about 20 lb of Deco Nano LR finishing a cycle in a extra 10 gal. This should give me plenty to work with.
The article that Concept 3 posted on Minimalist type set ups impressed me.
The stock that will go back in will be cherry picked. Example, I have a large Yellow Fuji Leather and 5 small ones that I propagated. Placed in a group setting, could be very nice. Zoas, well plenty to choose from, I have already started colony's by mounting Frag Plugs onto Deco Rocks.
The only draw back is that i am working with Live Rock, making a arch , example, has to be planed and done fast. To mount frag plugs and to give me the option to change out the frag types I will be drilling mounting holes in some of the larger rocks. I have one large rock already drilled and it works out great. Last count I have 329 separate frags and pieces to choose from!!!
The 12 Gal Aqua Pod will be a diverse Softy Tank, I have already moved the larger shroom and Leather colony's into it.
Here are some pics of the Display tank as emptied out, The 12 gal holding some softys, and the new 40 frag holding my frags and main stock. The last pics are what they looked like before the breakdown.
Any Suggestions will be appreciated!!!!
GregH

100_2679.jpg

100_2687.jpg

These are the tanks before the take down.
100_2458.jpg

100_2540.jpg