• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Trop in Ocean

I checked the price of 1 Recordea Blue Green Cap the size of a quarter, nothing special, $59.00.!!!!!! Bought the same one 2 weeks ago at a other store, 2 Caps at that, $16.00
Greg

Welcome to the Trop... ya , the prices are upther fer sure...... there are some knowledgable people who work there n you can pic their brains and get an honest reply.......... check out a person named Austin , hes a great person who enjoys shareing what he knows ..... i go there as much as possible. tho its certainly out of my range of buckeroos.... mind you they have been around for quite-awhile and have awell established customers with lots of buckeroos... by the way you didn't mention where the other store is...? cw. :)

"ya" Yes, I Know the Trop, lived here all of my life. I did not mean to put the place down, nor the peaple who work there, but that price was way way out of line. And i did not mention the other places name because thet have 1 more and I want to grab it before the price gets raised to $59.00. :)
Greg
All fairness =the Current USA Fission Nano-Protein Skimmer $22.00 just in stock, internet lowest price $29.00 to $32.00 LOL
Greg

Just to chime in, Trop lowered the live rock price to $5.99lb. And a lot more stock in the store, live and drygoods.
Looks like a positive turn around there!

I was checking prices with them on the phone the other day. They are planning a major change in pricing in the next few weeks.

I mentioned that I was comparing their price on Reef Crystals to Dr. Fosters and Smith which is currently $35. They said I would be very happy with the new price!

Have to wait and see! :eek:

I Was talking to the owner of Trop and I was told the store is going online big time. Some type of out of state warehouse partnership, no sales tax, expanding to all pet supplys, computers in store for ordering. Should be running in a couple weeks. I asked about pricing, will be lower than petsmart type stores. Ill keep up on it and post as things happen.
anyone say "Price war"?
Link to watch
http://www.tropiquarium.com/default.asp
Greg

Did you notice the post by blstraveler over on the club forum in RC?

Reef Crystals for under $50! The changes have begun! :eek:

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
When RC gets down to 35$ I'll get excited. Until then it is still way cheaper to get it shipped directly to my door where I merely have to walk it down the stairs.

Was there the Saturday of Memorial day, and have not been there for about 6 months before that. Place looks real good, and the fish look great.

The front tank looks fantastic. I noticed that they don't have the big tanks on the sales floor anymore, mostly smaller stuff, and the drygoods have been cut down. Guess small sells.

Wife fell in love with two wrasses a Labouti and a hooded, but way out of price for me. But again, tanks clean, corals look great, store clean, nice people and fish that are fat and healthy. Prime place.