• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

trouble w/ oceanic protien skimmer

Having some trouble adjusting it, it keeps skimmer very very wet, im usually emptying the little collection cup until usually 2 times a day. The bubbles right now are a little bellow the top of the reaction chamber, but it seems if i turn the air down im not making enough bubbles out all

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Don't know anything about that skimmer.
Is there any other adjustments. Is it an in sump one? If it's in sump, raise the skimmer a few inches.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sorry, didn't see this was in the Nano forum so you wouldn't have a sump. Is there any other adjustments?

yes there is a screw adjuster on the airline... I fooled around with it a little bit tonight and i think it might be better but still little foam. It is actually making foam now compared to basically just fine bubbles but I am still not sure if its optimal. Then again there really isnt all that much a load on the tank with only 4 fish and a couple hermits