• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tunze 6100 in a 90 Gallon

DO you think its to much? Do you forsee a problem if I place the tunze on the back glass and point it directly to the front glass?

as long as you have a controller you should be fine. if its too much, dial the controller back. you might be better off placing the pump in a back corner and aiming towards the opposite front corner to help disperse flow

Only an issue if you have sand - but like harlequin mentioned - you could set it on a controller. The new one 7096 is supposed to be released this month or next.

Or you could cut the flow in half by using the old 6000 transformer (aka hockey puck).

malulu

NJRC Member
Rick,

it should be fine... the controller box have a turn dial switch on the side that you can turn it to less power if needed.

6100 is great for wave-box...
;)

I mean wave-maker... Pete (fisheye) have the same 6100 in his 90 gals (WITHOUT the wave-box).

I have 2 6100's in my 90 and I have them turned down to 30% each. If you dont have a controller I thnk 1 pushing 100% power would make a mess of the sand bed. Even at 30% my sand gets shoved all over the place still

WOW! you have two of them in your 90? I have two as well with controller. I know what I'm doing the next two days...... David, I actually have the acrylic to make two box's for the wave maker. I haven't had the time to get everything else.

malulu

NJRC Member
ricwilli said:
WOW! you have two of them in your 90? I have two as well with controller. I know what I'm doing the next two days...... David, I actually have the acrylic to make two box's for the wave maker. I haven't had the time to get everything else.

what i am saying is, you no need to to have wave box for a 90g.
may be you can stop by Peter's house to see how it is working right now without the wavebox.

With the Tunze controller and setting the pumps to sequential you can make an enourmous wave. When I just had water and rock in the tank I was playing around and was getting over an inch of wave and water was splashing out of the tank

I had a 6100 and a 6000 on my 75 gallon. Alternating between the two at 80% and 100% strength respectively. I reused them on my new tank (a foot longer), and are now both at 100% alternating