• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Two large tanks and one long and meaty stand idea at least...

Now had this idea of running two large tanks into a single stand to house both tanks. One tank is Marineland 300 gallon and the other is 220 aqueon tank. But wasn't if it wise to follow this stand design I'm wanting to build.
Both tanks measure about 72' length each and roughly 36" wide. I look at my local HomeDepot and can make the frame for this stand with either 2x6's or 2x8's. Using specifical design I will reinforce the corners with the same materials I am using for the frame (either 2x6's or 2x8's). I would spread out the legs by 2 ft make sure the weight is spread evenly. Now in the center of the stand, I would add an additional 3 poles of 4x4's to strengthen the stand since this is where both tanks will meet. This is just a rough input of what I am thinking of doing. But I would post up my design in a few days.