• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Ulitimate Reefs-failrly priced fish

I just want everyone to know i been to many stores in New Jersey and PA and this store was fairly priced on there coral and there fish has to be the cheapest in new jersey. I stopped in a couple weeks ago and got some great deals on fish. For example, Firefish $10.00 Naso Med $40.00 Anthias $20.00.

So i went back thinking he gave me good deals just because i was a new customer. Well, that was not the case! Same pricing. I picked up an Oranged backed fairy wrasse for $35.00 and a red flasher wrasse for $20.00 and a Powder Brown Tang Meduim for $40.00...An awesome place for fair priced fish. Honestly, I have not seen them cheaper. The store looks to be geared more for the coral lover where i seen so many colorful corals but the fish section is loaded with a big variety of fish! I'm not into coral but makes me want to start.

If your looking for great fish prices you need to stop in.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Ultimate Reefs was originally called Reef to Reptiles. Since he is no longer caring reptiles, Greg changed the name to Ultimate Reefs. It’s located across the street from Tropiquarium:

1105 Rt. 35
Ocean NJ 07712

732-695-6006

I was just there. Picked up 10 blue hermits ($8), 10 snails for $10 and a fire shrimp for $20. His pricing is great and he spent a good 20 minutes just talking to me. Really nice guy.

That is awesome pricing

I was just there. Picked up 10 blue hermits ($8), 10 snails for $10 and a fire shrimp for $20. His pricing is great and he spent a good 20 minutes just talking to me. Really nice guy.

That truly is awesome pricing for a fire shrimp. Everyone by me sells them for 32.00 to 35.00 for small/meduim. Now you make me want to take a trip down there again. I missed the fire shrimp. Thanks

I will be going to Ultimate Reefs this weekend. Since this is an hour + ride for me can anyone recommend more places in the area to go to that are fair and have a nice selection of fish? thank you!

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I will be going to Ultimate Reefs this weekend. Since this is an hour + ride for me can anyone recommend more places in the area to go to that are fair and have a nice selection of fish? thank you!

Tropiquarium who is also a sponsor here is literally right across the street, it is worth it to check them both.

Where are you coming from? Within 30 min or so of both places is both aquatic obsessions and captivating corals. Both worth the visit.

kevin

NJRC Member
Where are you coming from? Within 30 min or so of both places is both aquatic obsessions and captivating corals. Both worth the visit.

Captivating corals is about 20-25mins from trop. (west of trop)
AO is about 35-45mins if you shoot up the GSP! (north of trop)

both def. worth the trip!

Thanks

Thanks! I will try both of them out. I heard Captivating Corals was not worth the trip for me because they dont have that many fish. Is there selection big? Thanks again!

Thank You! I'm coming from the Andover area and was looking for a large saltwater selection of fish. I heard that Captivating Coral fish section is the size of petco. IS that true? Since i'm down that way, ill have to stop by. I'm really not into coral. Thanks again.

if your looking for fish, C.C. is not the place to go. They do have a few, not much though. Definatly hit ultimate reefs and tropiquarium though. Andover is up north right? Make a day of it and pass by Aquatic obsessions, and mabye Ocean Gallery II on the way back. Both have pretty good selections.

Greg, you should open a satellite store down here near cape may lol ...I gotta get another road trip together to see what you've done since our last visit

Twisteds 180 Reef

Stopped in yesterday for the first time and picked up a pom pom crab, sexy shrimps, tiger pistol shrimp and lots of snails. Great selection of inverts and some of the best prices around. I will definetly be visiting again soon.

thanks JGRAZ

if your looking for fish, C.C. is not the place to go. They do have a few, not much though. Definatly hit ultimate reefs and tropiquarium though. Andover is up north right? Make a day of it and pass by Aquatic obsessions, and mabye Ocean Gallery II on the way back. Both have pretty good selections.

Thanks for letting me know about the stores down your way. I went to Aquatic Obsessions, Ultimate Reefs, Ocean Gallery, and Trop. I did not go to Captivating corals because i spoke to many people and they all said they have less fish tanks then a petco. They said there geared toward more coral and a bit expensive compared to other stores.

Trop, Ocean gallery, and ultimate Reefs all had great selections! Thanks again for the info! I actually bought 3 corals from Ultimate Reefs even know i'm not a coral guy. They were almost half price of what they charge me up my way. So i will try it. Hope its not addictive. If so, I see myself broke soon! Thanks

Thanks for letting me know about the stores down your way. I went to Aquatic Obsessions, Ultimate Reefs, Ocean Gallery, and Trop. I did not go to Captivating corals because i spoke to many people and they all said they have less fish tanks then a petco. They said there geared toward more coral and a bit expensive compared to other stores.

Trop, Ocean gallery, and ultimate Reefs all had great selections! Thanks again for the info! I actually bought 3 corals from Ultimate Reefs even know i'm not a coral guy. They were almost half price of what they charge me up my way. So i will try it. Hope its not addictive. If so, I see myself broke soon! Thanks

Good to hear. Glad you like them. Actually all those store are at least 45 min drive for me. I pretty much go out of my way to visit them.
As far as "addictive", it is annd you'll be back to buy more soon i'm sure. Good luck