• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Upgrade!

Yes as most of you know we are doing it again. We are picking up our new 150 cube tomorrow morning. It is already stocked with coral. We are breaking down our 70 and 93 and combining everything into the 150. I'm looking at moving about 200 coral between all the tanks. Joe
it all fits lol.

Our new LED fixture came in yesterday. We put over the 93 to see how it looks. All I can say is WOW!!

Hopefully everything will go smooth.

Will post pics

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Like we're all surprised. :playful: Can't wait to see it setup. I'd offer to help switch everything over, but my weekend is already booked up.

Where did you buy the 150? Is it new or used?

George the tank is used we have to drive 2.5 hours to get it.

The light is a hybrid 140 watt with 2 t5's. I know I myself have a big issue with taking pics with the LED lighting for some reason. I can take great pics using my phone with this light. It is a great light. It is 25"long 13" front to back. I will post a pic tonight

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yea, I have issues with taking pics with LEDs too. My corals look super bright and fluorescent with the eye, but they all come out pink/purplish with the camera. I have to figure out the white balance or something... just don't have the time to mess with it, lol.

2.5 hour drive? That's nothing for you two.

Oh, and ...
:worthless

Cool can't wait to see pics. I've been in conversation with eshines about that. They quoted me some prices for the Bridgelux and Cree version both. And told me they can change the t5 ballast to handle HO bulbs as opposed to the normal 10w bulbs. Finally I can get a good review.

Right now the light is pretty high over the 93. We didn't put it in the correct position since it will be in the spot where our 70 is. Even with it to high above the tank we are still getting great light. The shimmer is incredible with this light. I have good shimmer with our other led but this really shines.

Last edited:

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Upgrade

Terri

Back up to a 150 gal. I hope you keep the name of the person you sold the 180 to so you can get a good deal when you "UPGRADE" again!;)

Bob

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You should just buy Paul's 180 cube and save yourself the additional upgrade headaches!:)

Bob

Well the 150 is up and running. After getting up at 4am we did as much as we could ti 9:30pm. We didn't finish putting the coral in til this morning. We kept the 93 going to keep all the coral in. We had no issues until my daughter left to
go to work. Well we just call her crash now. Poor 70 was looking to get a new home.:cry: I want to thank Tim, Andrew & Matthew for coming over and helping. We appreciate it guys. And Bill for lending us his truck.
As soon as we get the Canopy I will post pics.
We are so happy with this tank. We can't wait to show it off at our meeting in May.

Anthony painted the stand yesterday and it looks brand new our canopy comes in today so we can put our new light up. Pics coming soon