• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Using iCalendar to setup Mantainence Schedule

Not sure how many people are familiar with iCalendar but I'm using it to setup my tank schedule.

So far I have:

Water Changes - Weekly until Nov. 17th then changes to bi-weekly
Change Carbon - Every 3rd Monday of the month. (21 days or close enough to it)
Change Phos - Every 3rd Monday of every 2nd month (every 2 months)
Test Water - Weekly until Nov. 17th then changes to bi-weekly
Fill Kalk - Every month
Change Metal Halides - Once a year (From Sept 2008)
Change T5 bulbs - Once a year (from Oct 2008)
Change RODI Filters - Every six months (From Oct 2008)

Anything else you guys can think of that I should put on my calendar before I print it. It's 1am so i'm sure i'm missing things.

I have set up something similar using Google calendar. I also downloaded a program call NemusSync that synchronizes the calendar to my Iphone. Is like having MobileMe but free.

chaoscat said:
So, what happens on November 17th? Your fish go into hibernation for the winter? :D

haha. Actually I overdosed my tank with Kalk so I'm doing weekly water changes to stabalize the tank and then going to every two weeks as a routine schedule.

concept3 said:
iCalendar = iCal = Macintosh = Apple :)

Here's a picture of my computers. I use the Mac for Graphic Design, Music, Video, and work and I use the PC for internet.

1387167828_l.jpg

jceli728 said:
I have set up something similar using Google calendar. I also downloaded a program call NemusSync that synchronizes the calendar to my Iphone. Is like having MobileMe but free.

I need to get me an Iphone. Anything made by Mac needs to be in my posession.

Thought of something else.

Calibrate PH probes - Once every month.

No one has any other maintanence that they need to be reminded about or they'd forget??

Perhaps I missed it in your "to do list":

- change filter socks
- clean reflectors and bulbs

I don't use any calendar though - as long as I'm young and mobile I like to challenge my brain. ::) (joke)