• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

UV light setup

Hello .. I'm brand new to NJ reefers but I'm looking for someone to install a UV light for my Waterbox Marine aquarium. I'm not really good with the plumbing part as well as proper flow rate and would appreciate the help . I would pay of course ! Thanks in advance . I'm located in Mount Laurel

Are you running the UV for a specific pest? I.e., Dino’s will need a different flow rate. That will determine either the pump size and whether you can use a valve to adjust flow. Also, do you have a brand of uv in mind? (I’m not the one to specifically help on this, but did recently setup a 15W aquauv unit and these are the Qs that you will have to answer)

I'm using it predominantly to prevent ich and other diseases and helping make
My water clear . No particular brand of UV in mind just one that works !

Was looking at the aqua UV 15 Watt .. hangon .. thoughts on what type of pump ? And placement of pump and hang on unit . I am just using for ich/disease prevention as well as water clarity