• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Valentinas 6 gal

It all started when I decided to clean up my old jbj tank and sell it. My 4 year old daughter happened to be walking by and saw it. She began to jump up for joy automatically assuming it was for her. She said that it would go in her room and she would get a pink fish. I did not have the heart to tell her no. So here I am getting my daugthers tank ready. It will be kept simple with soft corals and 1 maybe 2 fish max! Regular PC lighting

photo1.jpg
photo 1st.JPG

I also did a DIY media basket. It took quite awhile but I think it will work well. I will also be running cheato in the middle chamber. I have a DIY for that as well but Im still looking for a proper light.
photo2.jpg

I also decided to teach her a thing or two about responsibility and hard earning. If she wants her own fish shes going to have to buy it herself. So she did what any other kid would do. She started a lemonade stand.
photo3.jpg
Of course I will be getting all her supplies she just has to save enough to buy a fish and corals. Just the first day we made a whopping amount believe it or not. People in my town were generous enough to leave alot for her. One guy even left $10 bucks and took no lemonade. It was fun and she will continue until shes raised enough. She loves the whole idea. She is so excited, heck I think Im more excited than her.

I ordered many things for her. Upgraded pump and all the supplies she will be needing. I also bought alot of chemipure for her thanks to mnats suggestion. Soon I will be receiving and posting pics soon!!

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Wow this is really cool, kudos on the way you guys are doing it.

UPDATE. So the tank is doing well. Up and running and my daughter loves it.

Livestock

Picasso clown
2 sexy shrimp
3 hermits
4 astrea snails
3 nassarius snails
2 ricordeia (the other one is so small its under the other one. Im not sure how to seperate them.)

photo11.jpg

photo10.jpg

photo9.jpg

photo8.jpg

photo7.jpg

It was funny. When I brought her to the Aquatic obsessions she did not know which one to choose. She fell in love with this little guy and did not want anything else. I didnt want her to blow the rest of her lemonade money on this expensive guy but she did not want anything else. Love at first sight I guess. It was her money anyway. She is still doing more selling to save up for the helfrich firefish. I hope AO gets some the time she has the money. Side note: I always get my fish at AO. They have been great with every fish I got from there and great prices. I will never get my fish from somewhere else.
photo6.jpg

Couldnt find the other shrimp. I originally gave my daughter my only coral in my tank (since im fixing it right now) and the shrimp began eating it so I had to remove it.

photo4.jpg

Night view (the camera does a shame. It looks way better (of course I had to do a DIY moonlight)

photo3.jpg

Back of the tank shot. Very organized than when I had this tank.

photo5.jpg

Refugium light and cover so no light leaks out (does wonders)

photo1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

She gives a kiss to her fish before she goes to sleep every night. (Sigh I have to constantly clean it)

photo-1.jpg

not to be an alarmist, but is that the "spontaneous combusting" power strip on the curtains behind the tank. please look into that.

Thank you for the heads up. I looked up the brand and I have not found anything. If you find please let me know. thank you for your concern.

So is it a coralife power center or the one in the pic because I have the same one in the pic it's been in use for 2 years no problems and if it is the one in the pic does it matter if it's digital or just a manual timer Because I have a manual timer

yeah, but if you notice, they are the same thing with different names printed on them. i had one as well without problem, but stopped using it. for an item that is not all that expensive, i felt it was not worth the risk.