• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

VIDEO: How to Replace RO/DI Filter Cartridges

How to Replace Your RO/DI Filter Cartridges

A RO/DI system is your reef defender, preventing harmful contaminates from ever entering your aquarium water. That is why it is important to regularly maintain your RO/DI filter so your reef is protected from these unseen killers.

[video=youtube;CtBDKA9pDAc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtBDKA9pDAc[/video]

You're awesome. I just asked this exact question the other day. Odd thing is mine has sediment, then carbon, carbon, then di resin. Makes me thing it's not setup right when I look at the pic. Thanks for posting this.

Question though, after changing out the membranes and DI resin etc, should I run water through it for a while before I move it over to my mixing barrel? Like just run it to break it in creating scrap water first, or is it usable straight away? Thx

Hi Junk2,

Glad we can help! Different systems are configured differently. Some systems will have 2 carbons; while others have 2 DI's. You can check the plumbing to make sure it is plumbed correctly. The water should go from the sediment to the carbon(s), to the TFC membrane then to the DI(s).

It is indeed a good idea to 'flush' the cartridges before using the water. After changing the cartridges, you will want to discard the first 2-3 gallons of waste water.