• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

VIDEO: Maxspect Gyre Generator Pump in action!

We recently began testing a Maxspect Gyre prototype in our 80-gallon shallow reef aquarium in the office and quickly realized we'd need a bigger, deeper tank to truly get a feeling of what this revolutionary device can do.

[video=youtube;8gDgkNCdgoE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gDgkNCdgoE[/video]

Nice to see someone other than me posting about this amazing device.

We would have posted sooner but we really had to put it in a larger tank (Joe's tank in the video) since we couldn't crank it up to full speed without creating a sandstorm in our 80-gallon shallow reef. So you're digging it, too?

mrehfeld

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I'm going to go out on a limb and say this will be a disruptive technology much like the cassette was for the 8-track and CDs were for the cassette. I hope I just didn't date myself :victorious: it's going to be a industry changer.

Any idea on pricing/release date? I have a 180 pennisula similar to the 150g and would love something like this. How many are recommended for a 6 x 2 x 2 tank?

Thanks!

Any idea on pricing/release date? I have a 180 pennisula similar to the 150g and would love something like this. How many are recommended for a 6 x 2 x 2 tank?

Thanks!

I have the same size tank and will be getting one also. Hope to get away with just one pump.