• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Vikki's Nano

MJ900 use less watts then MJ1200...which of course makes sense like duhh...but the proportion of extra watts to extra flow is high. On any nano would suggest a MJ900 just for heat energy/heat sake for what it is worth. Heck I used MJ900 on my tank for that reason.

There is a nano tank on the counter at absolutely fish taht uses that kind of skimmer and puts minimal bubbles into the display. Must just be alot of fine tuning, They run a MJ1200 with it so mabye if you turn the ventrillo down so there will be less air coming through it.

Yeah, that's where I got it and that's why I got it. because the guy at AF said "look how great this one works". Tried everything and managed to lessen the bubbles but not remove them entirely. :-\

=/ did they at least get better from when they started? and your crazy for buying anything (at least equipment) at absolutely fish lol prices are pretty up there 0.o could always go with a sump and plumb it under your tank with a bubble trap... but thats time/money. Would get the bubbles gone though. Probally cost you 70 dollars when you finish though. You could DIY a sump its a pretty simple process and just use the skimmer on that. But you would have to buy an overflow box. If you dont want to waste the time and money on it for just getting rid of some bubbles i woulud say your fine.

Can't do any of that. This is a pretty small nano tank, maybe 15g at most and a tall 13x13 at that. I have no "under" at all, its on an end table in the living room. What I will end up doing down the road is just ditching it and moving to a larger tank, maybe a 25. For now I have to deal with what I have.

try putting a coarse sponge on the output of the skimmer
that should help trap the bubbles and let them escape by working themselves out of the top of the sponge closer to the surface

Already have one on the intake and output. Actually throught to remove one or both to see if that changes anything.