• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

VorTech MP10QD or Gyre XF130?

I own five Vortechs, and I'm afraid if I vote against them, one of the dry sides might just have it's bearings start to sing. It's already happened once, and I don't want it to happen again. :grin:

55028426666412822_a7eX1YHa_b.jpg

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Gyre :)
Put a 130 in a 4' tank a couple weeks back. Have 2 rock islands with alcoves. Frag with 5 Xenia heads and a Green Star Polyp placed on bed for acclimation, in second alcove, 3' away from Gyre. Gyre set at 80%. Next morning it had blown off 3 of the Xenia and ripped about half the GSP off the base rock.

Gyre :)
Put a 130 in a 4' tank a couple weeks back. Have 2 rock islands with alcoves. Frag with 5 Xenia heads and a Green Star Polyp placed on bed for acclimation, in second alcove, 3' away from Gyre. Gyre set at 80%. Next morning it had blown off 3 of the Xenia and ripped about half the GSP off the base rock.

That is some impressive flow! We've all taken turns testing the Gyre in our home tanks. Nobody wants to return the pump after they try it!

I think they both work well together. Besides none of you guys compare to the flow in the system at herbiek!!!

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Herb bases his flow In gigawatts not gallons per hour :grin:
I also like both and probably wouldn't run one without the other

This is turning out to be one of our more popular contests, although it's still got a ways to go to top our Neptune DŌS giveaway!

Thank you all so much much for voting... best of luck!!!