• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Wanna share a great experience from a LFS...

My wife and I were up in Jackson visiting one of her college buddies and her family. I got in touch with Tony (Shipwrecked) and he suggested we stop by Captivating Corals. We went in anticipating spending some money. His stock was great, healthy, and plentiful. I was asking him about my salinity situation and my process of increasing it. (My SG was low and I am slowly increasing it.) The guy at the store(sorry cant remember names) said listen, I would love to sell you stuff, but given your current salt situation I wont sell you anything just yet. Instead he spent a few minutes explaing the best way for me to increase my SG to the proper level. I am in South Jersey where there are really no stores but Ocean Aquarium. I have never had a guy in a LFS said he WOULDNT sell me anything.

I suppose I just wanted to throw the guys some props for looking out for the hobbyist and not looking at the customer as a dollar sign. I was really impressed and will, without question, return to his store for my next purchase.

By the way, I guess I wasnt paying any attention when I did my last water change....I think. Anyway, my nem shrunk up and I checked my SG..1.021. So, I am currently at 1.023 adn hopefully tomorrow with another 5 gallon change I will get it to 1.024 then the following dayanother change and increase to 1.025.

howze01

NJRC Member
+1. All the guys are really great there. It's a rare to find a store that is more worried about their customer and stock than money. Now it's our job to help keep them going. It is NOT an easy business to have a conscience like this in. We have been making the hour or so trip pretty much monthly and we will sure continue!

Brian Im glad you took me up on the advice.They are great guys and what you experienced is why I cont to recommend them.They also do have some unique stuff and a great bunch of guys to just hang and talk reef stuff with.Im still waiting for the warmer weather so they can do a barbecue type thing and have elephants and clowns...lol

They are all great guys there can tell you how much they helped me with my switch over to LEDS and my custom sump/fuge

Definitely gonna head back that way in a few weeks. Trust goes a long way with me. Looks like I am gonna have to go a long way in order to find it. Their inventory is awesome and I too am looking forward to the clowns and BBQ's. Dont dig clowns tho....I guess I'll tolerate em. THANKS TONY!!!!!

My wife and I were up in Jackson visiting one of her college buddies and her family. I got in touch with Tony (Shipwrecked) and he suggested we stop by Captivating Corals. We went in anticipating spending some money. His stock was great, healthy, and plentiful. I was asking him about my salinity situation and my process of increasing it. (My SG was low and I am slowly increasing it.) The guy at the store(sorry cant remember names) said listen, I would love to sell you stuff, but given your current salt situation I wont sell you anything just yet. Instead he spent a few minutes explaing the best way for me to increase my SG to the proper level. I am in South Jersey where there are really no stores but Ocean Aquarium. I have never had a guy in a LFS said he WOULDNT sell me anything.

I suppose I just wanted to throw the guys some props for looking out for the hobbyist and not looking at the customer as a dollar sign. I was really impressed and will, without question, return to his store for my next purchase.

By the way, I guess I wasnt paying any attention when I did my last water change....I think. Anyway, my nem shrunk up and I checked my SG..1.021. So, I am currently at 1.023 adn hopefully tomorrow with another 5 gallon change I will get it to 1.024 then the following dayanother change and increase to 1.025.

The name of the game at some LFS's, is move the inventory, at any cost. So, when you find one that has yours, and your pets, interest at heart, it's a breath of fresh air.